Legal Surveys are land surveys that relate to legal property boundaries. There are many different types of legal surveys, but some of the most common are completed in order to re-establish and mark existing property boundaries, consolidate two or more parcels of land, create new parcels through subdivision, or to create strata title. Projects of these types often result in legal plans registered with the Land Title and Survey Authority.
These surveys and plans can include:
- Posting Plans and Reference plans to update title
- Subdivision Plans
- Accretion and natural boundary adjustment applications and plans
- Volumetric easements/statutory right of ways and air Space Plans
- Building Strata and plans to accompany disclosure statements
- Bare Land Strata Plans
- Statutory Right of Way, Easement and Covenant Plans
- Lease Plans
Prism Land Surveying is often asked by clients “Where are my property lines?” As land surveyors, there are many different ways to achieve this. If the client wants the boundary marked we are required to locate the property corner monument at either end of the boundary in question before we can mark the boundary. If the property corners are not in place we are required to replace the missing property corner monuments then prepare a posting plan to be filed at the Land Title Office within 60 days.
The presence of survey monuments on your property adds value by clearly defining the location of your boundaries for you, your neighbours and potential purchasers, and a British Columbia Land Surveyor (BCLS) is the only person with the authority to set or replace a survey monument.
For more information on survey monuments, click here to view the PDF.
Do you need the help of a professional land surveyor? We are here to help. Prism Land Surveying offers land surveying services to the following areas:
- The Central Vancouver Island the towns and cities of Deep Bay, Bowser, Qualicum Beach, Parksville, Coombs, Nanoose Bay, Lantzville
- The West Coast towns and cities of Port Alberni, Tofino, Ucluelet, and Bamfield
- The smaller Islands off the coast of Central Vancouver Island including Lasqueti Island, Denman Island, and Hornby Island